Projects - Women's Groups
To facilitate access to service provision, promote integration, and supply immediate needs of asylum seekers, refugees, their wives and families.
The group aims to:
• To alleviate isolation in the most venerable group, women and children.
• To promote friendship among attendee’s.
• To facilitate ultimate integration into wider society.
• To provide emotional support and thereby promote mental health and general well-being.
• To provide an opportunity for attendees to contribute stories, baked goods, gifts/talents
• To increase understanding of English language, money, shopping, directions, city layout, travel etc.
• To organize activities and outings of interest to attendees.
runs a regular women’s group every Monday at the Sunderland Minster.
The group is open to all women and their children and is completely
free. We offer card making, knitting, sewing and refreshments
as well as sign posting to other organisation. The group is
looking to develop its services further and is hoping to have
regular exercise classes and ESOL classes as well as trips and
visits to places of interest.